GLOBUS 2017: Nature's Best: Alaska (CK)
7 days from Fairbanks to Anchorage
From Fairbanks to Anchorage, see what the "Great Land" of Alaska has to offer on this exhilarating Alaska tour. You'll visit Denali National Park, where North America's highest peak-Denali (formerly known as Mount McKinley)-dominates the park's six million acres. In Denali National Park, enjoy an exclusive presentation on the park from a local Naturalist-a special experience offered by Globus-and enjoy a wilderness expedition in search of grizzly bear, caribou, moose, and more. You'll have an opportunity to ride the thrilling, world-famous Alaska Railroad in Deluxe Dome Service for a journey through untamed wilderness to Talkeetna, where you'll overnight at the Talkeetna Lodge. With amazing views of Denali, it's another special adventure offered by Globus! More spectacular scenery awaits you on one of the world's most scenic drives as you follow the south shore of Turnagain Arm, with its dramatic shorelines and majestic mountains, to Seward, a scenic town with Mount Marathon rising steeply behind the town. You'll also cruise aboard a sternwheeler riverboat in Fairbanks and visit Happy Trails Kennels near Willow, the official start of the famous Iditarod Race. Here, you'll learn about the Iditarod and meet the sled dogs-another fun experience offered by Globus. You've seen photos of glaciers calving into the sea, but nothing compares to being there in person. During your cruise on Kenai Fjords National Park, watch the glaciers crash into the sea and hear the thunderous roar. It's a spectacular sight! Along the way, watch for wildlife, including sea otters, seals, birds, and more. Alaska is a destination that should not be missed. So grab your camera, sit back, and let Globus handle all the details on this Alaska tour-a vacation of a lifetime!
Call (803) 252-6900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482693
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Fairbanks||Welcome to Fairbanks, the state's second-largest city. Meet your Tour Director this evening between 4 pm and 8 pm in the hotel reception area.|
|Day 2||Denali National Park||This morning, board the sternwheeler DISCOVERY for a cruise on the Chena and Tanana Rivers, with a stop at the Chena Indian Village to learn about Athabascan Native culture. You will also have the chance to meet Iditarod mushers and their famed dog teams to learn about breeding, training, and the big race! We then continue to DENALI NATIONAL PARK, home to North America's highest peak. 20,320-foot Denali, (formerly known as Mount McKinley) majestically dominates the park's 6 million acres. This evening, enjoy dinner at the Murie Science & Learning Center, followed by an exclusive [LF] PRESENTATION on Denali National Park by a local Naturalist. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||Morning at leisure. Optional activities include a float trip down the Nenana River and a helicopter ride over the park. Then, dress comfortably for a WILDERNESS EXPEDITION into Denali National Park to seek out grizzly bear, caribou, moose, and other wildlife. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Talkeetna||Continue your exploration of Denali National Park and then board the world-famous ALASKA RAILROAD for a journey through untamed wilderness (see page 39 for information about your train). Today's ride ends in the unique town of Talkeetna, a model for the TV show Northern Exposure. (B)SPECIAL FEATURE: Overnight at the [LF] Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, where you can enjoy hiking, flightseeing, jet boating, or just relaxing on the deck with amazing views of Denali.|
|Day 5||Anchorage||This morning, enjoy a [LF] traditional Alaskan TREAT at the historic Talkeetna Roadhouse. Then, head south toward Anchorage. Stop along the way at HAPPY TRAILS KENNELS, home of four-time Iditarod champion Martin Buser and his dogs. See a demonstration on mushing, complete with a mock Iditarod checkpoint, and get a chance to play with the sled dogs! Upon arrival in Anchorage, visit the ALASKA NATIVE HERITAGE CENTER, where you'll be treated to a tour to learn more about Alaska's indigenous people. Afterward, your Tour Director hosts a farewell dinner. Over dessert, enjoy a special [LF] storytelling presentation. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Kenai Fjords National Park||Witness one of the world's most scenic drives as you follow the south shore of lovely Turnagain Arm. Upon arrival in Seward, board your vessel for a cruise of KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK and the opportunity to see glaciers calving into the sea, orcas, humpback whales, sea otters, and more! (B,L)|
|Day 7||Anchorage||The tour ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules. Airport transfers are provided. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $800Triple Room Reduction per person: $130Extra Nights per person in Fairbanks:in single room $272; in twin room $148; in triple room $113Extra Nights per person in Anchorage:in single room $272; in twin room $148; in triple room $113
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).