USA and Canada 2018: Majestic Alaska Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2018
A once-in-a-lifetime wilderness experience awaits the rugged adventurer in you as you explore the scenic river valleys and snowcapped peaks of Alaska, traversing Denali's tundra, Hurricane Gulch and the fjords to the mountains and glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park-home to Black Bears, the Harding Icefield Trail and Resurrection Bay.
- Cruise in a paddlewheel boat in Fairbanks, into Kenai Fjords National Park
- Iconic train journey through Alaska's wildnerness aboard the Alaska Railroad
- Visit Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Anchorage, a wildlife rehabilitation centre
- 7 full breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (803) 252-6900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13900619
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Fairbanks||Arrive Fairbanks (2 Nights): Welcome to Fairbanks. Spend the afternoon getting settled in or do some sightseeing. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Rivers Edge Resort
|Day 2||Fairbanks||Fairbanks Sightseeing: Start your day with a visit to Creamer's Field Refuge where a Local Specialist will take you on a peaceful nature walk to view migratory birds before a visit to the historic farmhouse. Board a paddlewheel riverboat on a journey to a recreated Athabascan village. Enjoy some free time to explore Fairbanks on your own before a salmon bake Regional Meal.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||Fairbanks - Denali National Park (2 Nights): Wind your way through the scenic Tanana River Valley on your way to vistas of snowcapped Mount Denali-at 20,320 feet (6,194 metres), it is the highest peak in North America and the centrepiece of Denali National Park. Settle into your hotel and enjoy a presentation by a Local Specialist about the uniqueness of the Subarctic flora and fauna before delving into Denali's lively history at a Regional Meal and show at the Denali Dinner Theatre.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Denali Park Village
|Day 4||Denali National Park||Denali National Park: In 1976 President Jimmy Carter designated Denali National Park as an international biosphere reserve, focusing on ecosystem conservation and prudent use of national resources. Today is yours to completely explore the park as you wish.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Anchorage||Denali - Alaska Railroad - Anchorage (2 Nights): Enjoy free time this morning before boarding the famous Alaska Railroad for the scenic journey to Anchorage. Relax in the Deluxe Dome Railcar as onboard experts discuss the spectacular landscapes of Hurricane Gulch and Indian River Canyon. After arriving in Anchorage, the evening is all yours.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Anchorage||Anchorage Sightseeing: Explore Anchorage's historic downtown district and view the scenic shores of Cook Inlet. Stop at a local sports fishing hatchery where over 6 million sport fish are hatched every year. Your Local Specialist will explain this complex process and its positive economic impact on the local communities. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you can walk along wooded paths past indigenous villages and meet with natives from different parts of the state. After some free time, join your newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner and toast to your Alaskan adventure. Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||ASeward||Anchorage - Kenai Fjords National Park - Seward: Visit a wildlife rehabilitation centre with a guide before embarking on a sightseeing cruise into the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy a lunch made of fresh, local ingredients while taking in the views of abundant wildlife and magnificent glaciers. Bid farewell to those who will be joining the Glacier Discovery Cruise with Holland America Line. Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Seward Windsong Lodge
|Day 8||Depart Anchorage||Seward - Depart Anchorage: Enjoy the morning on your own before returning to Anchorage. Stops will be made at Anchorage International Airport and the Hilton Anchorage for guests extending their stay.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,795.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: USA and Canada 2018A once-in-a-lifetime wilderness experience awaits the rugged adventurer in you as you explore the scenic river valleys and snowcapped peaks of Alaska, traversing Denali's tundra, Hurricane ...